Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finley Finally Arrives







Taylor and I had been anticipating the arrival of a new member of the family for quite some time, expecting him or her to make their debut in this loud, bright world sometime around January 30th. However, our little peanut had other plans. I was put on bedrest due to high blood pressure on a Tuesday, and by Friday I was admitted to the hospital to be induced - three weeks before my due date. After a day and a half of attempts to force our baby into this world, our fine doctors made the decision to go ahead with a c-section in the interest of both mom and baby's health. So, shortly after our parents had called it a night (after waiting for their grandchild's arrival all day), we called to announce that in about 15 minutes I'd be heading into surgery. By that time, I was more than happy to give birth via c-section. I'd had enough of labor and was ready to hold my baby! It didn't take long to prep me - and shortly after Taylor joined me in surgery, our beautiful daughter - the picture of perfection - joined us with loud cries and an announcement from the doctor's "It's a girl!". My response to her moment of birth - instant tears. Taylor's response: "Oh Wow!". Best moment of our lives. And thus, Finley Valentine Ritchie transformed us from couple to family. Lots more pictures to follow I assure you!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi guys! Glad to see you on here! I wrote you a welcome note on my blog. Also, I can help you set up your security/anti-spammer stuff next weekend if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! so excited, i can't wait to see what's to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello? I know you're busy feeding, changing, feeding, pumping, etc. but when are you going to update again? PS Maybe I need to come over on Saturday sometime to see Finley in her Valentine outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so beautiful! I'm so happy you're doing this.

    postscript: I'm already in tears :)

    ReplyDelete